I have a not-so-small list of things I would like to approach different in 2017 and I'm hoping to write this post with the view to look back on it in a year to find out I've bossed them all.
1. Embrace my pale skin. It's no secret that I'm quite the false tan addict, have you seen me? The problem is it's not so much a choice to tan up anymore, it's a layer of amour; a protective shield. Realistically, I don't think I'm going to be totally tan-free and I don't think I want to be either, I like looking a little bronzed, but it would be a huge score to feel comfortable with my fair skin.
2. Make new friends. Oh boy, do I want to broaden my horizons and make some new pals. But how? I'm an introvert by nature and chronically ill so making new friends feels like a challenge but I'm going to try and figure out how the hell to do it. Hit me up guys.
3. Blog consistently. I've always had an on-off relationship with my blog and I think that is because of how much pressure I put on myself. That shit is changing. I can't be anyone but myself, so as long as my content is 'me' then I am happy with that. My aim is to hit publish once a week at the least.
4. Quit vaping. I replaced a smoking habit with vaping two years ago and whilst it is better for me than cigarettes, it's still not healthy. My goal is to ditch my electronic-cig in the first quarter of 2017 and be totally nicotine free.
5. Play with makeup more. You know, I started this blog because I stumbled across YouTube beauty gurus almost 8 years ago. I found, and still do find, applying makeup fascinating, so going into the new year, I'm going to make time to just do makeup.
6. Give less fucks. Along with the rest of the blogosphere, Vix's post on The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck has inspired me to organise my fucks and not just hand them out willy nilly, because quite frankly, some of y'all don't deserve them. On a serious note, I think wasting energy on things that don't matter is bad for both mind and body and whilst it is easier said than done, I do think it is pretty essential to happiness.
7. Love more and critique less. To both myself and others. Complimenting a stranger, retweeting a blog post that you know a blogger has worked their butt off on, just letting people know they're awesome are a few small acts of kindness that I will be doing more of this year. Sharing the love, spreading positivity and paying it forward is what 2017 is all about.
I'm so pumped to hit my goals and smash these resolutions, although they are not typically life-changing, it's the little things that make life big.